It’s easier than you think to create change if you keep your eye on your GOAL . . . and get off your butt.
466 days have slipped by and what have you done?
You have just 994 days left to make your move.
Big problems MUST require big solutions, right?
Any problem-solver will tell you that big problems are made up of a number of smaller more manageable and completely solvable issues.
Here are some big problems:
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by the antics of their President and his gangsters.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by the possibility of elections tampering.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by what appears to be the rise of fascism.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by racism.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by sexism.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by the lack of federal government assistance to Americans hit by natural disasters.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by the loss of American military personnel being used in foreign lands allegedly to “protect” American interests; or to bring “freedom” to people nearly bombed into extinction.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by the ever-increasing loss of privacy in the emerging security state.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by the lack of senate and congressional oversight and accounting for the 21 TRILLION DOLLARS OF TAXPAYER’S MONEY spent primarily by the military and security agencies in recent years.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by the deportation tactics of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents who are willing to “just follow orders”.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by how “normal” mass shootings have become and how quickly they are forgotten.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED by the exceedingly poor quality Presidential candidates offered up by both parties in the last election.
- Many Americans are OUTRAGED . . . we could go on and on, but it is time to look at what they all have in common.
Americans are OUTRAGED, and they should be!
But the sheer quantity of things causing them to be outraged is what keeps them from getting off their butts to do anything about ANY of these issues. There is a new big problem, reported in their media, which causes them to be outraged almost every day—new threats—new scandals—new protests. . . Their news sources bombard them with new and exciting things to be outraged about to keep them from becoming FOCUSED on any one GOAL.
It is time every American became FOCUSED on their own personal GOAL to aid in fixing America.
This will require that you not be DISTRACTED or DIVERTED or DIVIDED by the daily nonsense being pumped out of Washington.
You will need to be PROACTIVE, because merely being REACTIVE just helps those in power maintain the status quo while moving their agendas forward.
Let’s look at why being reactive has not moved America towards positive change for over 60 years; while also looking at some of the time-wasting ineffectual reactive responses of outraged, but well-meaning, Americans who simply lacked a clear vision of how to create change.
- PICKING A SIDE is a reactive response. We see this all the time on social media where Democrats are attempting to inform the public of the government’s latest insult to the American way of life, as though they are some kind of trusted news source. Some of them believe they can change the views of a Republican by informing them of the latest dirt on their party’s members. Some will engage in debates with GOP, Tea Party, and even white supremacist members, and then will resort to petty name-calling when they fail to make a dent.
None of this accomplishes anything because the GOAL is to convert people. You will only get a few rational fence-sitters for all your efforts, and this is not nearly enough to fix the big problems.
- SUPPORTING A CAUSE is a reactive response. IT FEELS GOOD to be a part of a protest march for women’s rights, or to stop a pipeline, or to occupy Wall Street.
If the march only accomplishes a heightened awareness or rehashing of the issues rather than producing immediate results or an actionable plan; then we have no choice but to stamp it “ineffectual”.
WORKING A CAUSE within an organization of people with a clear GOAL is the proactive response.
It will mean getting up, showing up, and joining up. Some of you might even throw some money at it.
- If you vote Republican without joining the party so you have a voice; then you are not helping.
- If you vote Democrat without joining the party so you have a voice; then you are not helping.
- If you hate both of those? Check out these alternatives.
Almost all of America’s biggest OUTRAGE inducing problems are a result of a government representatives lacking either a conscience or the bravery to stand up to the bankers, agencies, corporations, and other groups who believe themselves to be out of the reach of the taxpayer’s wrath. Keep this in mind when you are asked to choose, nominate, or support a candidate.
Only YOUR INVOLVEMENT can create a tidal wave of change.
- You need to get EVERYONE out to vote.
- You need to REFORM your electoral system.
- Here is a directory of 37 organizations that are working towards electoral or political change. I am certain there is an organization whose GOALS for America parallel your own.
The days of being an observer on the sidelines are over.
It is up to you, and the other 235,248,000 people who are of voting age in America to get busy on something meaningful.
If you do, you will scare the crap out of all the reprobates currently working on Wall Street and in D.C.
Taxpayers and voters are the most powerful people in America, but politicians and bankers don’t want you to know that.
Please get off your butts and create change while you still have the freedom to do so.
Most of the other 6.7 billion people on Earth are very concerned about you.